“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
I’m sure you have heard this before. It’s not a new quote. But it is one worth reading again and again. If you are a follower of Christ, this quote should make you mad! Even if you get it and you know what he was talking about… this should make you furious!
I have had non-believers (agnostic, even) tell me that I am the only nice Christian that they know. Do you know how sad that is? Fight the stereotypes, Christians. If you truly want to win souls for our Savior, you MUST fight the stereotype.
Here are some ways to do that:
- Stop acting inferior
- Stop judging others
- Stop being mean
- Start inviting people to church
- Give someone a bible
- Give items to the homeless
- Quit bragging about everything you have
- Start getting your hands dirty for the Lord
- Step out of your comfort zone
- Quit sitting by the same people at church
- Start smiling more
- Drive less aggressively (ok this only applies if your car has a Jesus fish on it or any sticker about a church. You realize that becomes negated when you flip someone off or tail them for 5 miles… right?)
- Quit quoting scripture AT people
- Have your kids invite others to church
- Stop with the Sunday best look-no one is buying it
- Be. like. Jesus. In every way that you possibly can.
Now i’m not trying to be mean. This post is just as much for me as anyone else. I get caught up in my group of friends at church. I forget to invite others to church. I forget to be loving. I don’t see people like Jesus does. I’m human and I can’t get it right all the time. BUT, I can be loving, non-judging and nice to people. That’s how we win souls for Jesus. Oh and quit being offended by everything. That’s getting really, REALLY old!